Friday 28 June 2013

Summer Holidays

It's been pouring today which can only mean one thing - it's the summer holidays!!! My daughter loves nursery and is absolutely devastated that there is no nursery for six weeks. I am a little bit as well as I am a creature of routine and feel a bit lost when I have six weeks without our usual routine to fill! We had our "summer holiday" in January so we will be staying put this summer but I have been scouting about the Internet looking for ways to keep the kids going!

Staying in Scotland means that you need to be prepared for rainy days in so I have invested in a Chad Valley colour in playhouse. It was only £6.99 in the Argos sale and so far has been money well spent as it has provided two whole days of entertainment. The kids have even had their dinner in it. I have come to accept that it is not going to look like a quaint Snow White cottage but instead be a scribbley mess but the kids are having great fun (although my son coloured in himself, my daughter's legs and the floor as well as the house).  If the weather improves I will take it outside and let them paint it. There is no way on earth I am letting them loose with poster paint in my living room though!
A very poor quality picture of the colour in house!

The only drawback is that takes up a bit of space. It is only cardboard and won't last forever so I can put up with it until it falls apart!

There is quite a lot of cheap/free stuff going on around us during the holidays so I plan to take full advantage. The Avenue in Newton Mearns has something happening each week. From Monday they have animals from Amazonia in so we will be visiting. The mall in East Kilbride has a beach set up for only £1 entry and it is also East Renfrewshire's Early Years Festival which is worth a look at. 

Further afield I will be using my National Trust membership to its fullest. Our favourite places are Greenbank Gardens, the tractor ride at the National Museum of Rural Life and Culzean Castle. It is my son's birthday during the holidays so we will be going to one of the local Farm Parks to celebrate. He loves them. I love them too - bouncing pillows are the best!

Aside from all this we will be doing the usual park trips etc. I will be going early though as they are nuts during the holidays and drive me a bit nuts to be honest. My daughter will want to go to soft play but I am avoiding them like the plague. Bad at the best of times, the stuff of nightmares during the holidays!!!

Hope you have a nice summer hol. If you are getting away I am very jealous!!! :) 

Vic x








1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean!!!! My two have already been at each other's throats and it's only the first day of the hols. Arggggh! Still mum and dad have them tonight so that me and hubby can go out. Yippeeee!!!

    Dawn xxx
    PS love the playhouse.

    ReplyDelete