Thursday 6 June 2013

33 Things I Have Learned!

Yesterday I turned 33. I am feeling quite reflective so here is a list of 33 things I have learned in my 33 years:

1. There is no time like the present.
2. It is rare that things will be given to you on a plate.
3. Little children can be unreasonable.
4. Little children are super funny.
5. Poor preparation equals piss poor performance (a sailor told me that and it's so true!).
6. You are what you eat - strict dieting does not work for me.
7. Not to worry about getting older - as my mum says, the alternative isn't great!
8. Jimmy Cranky is a woman!!! I was quite old when I realised this.
9. Trust your instinct - you are probably correct!
10. If you are waiting for a delivery it is likely to arrive 5 minutes before your time slot expires.
11. Quite a lot about gardening courtesy of Mr Bloom from Cbeebies.
12. Be bold, be brave, be you - cheesy but you can't make life decisions to "fit in" or please other people - it does not lead to happiness!
13. Exercise sucks but it is a necessary evil.
14. Makeup is great!
15. I will never be a blond. I have tried a few times with disaster consequences.
16. I like crafts and I don't care if its sad!
17. You can achieve most things if you are resolute about it.
18. Soft play is horrific.
19. I really like colouring in!
20. I like "Ideal Home" magazine and I don't care if that makes me middle aged!
21. That big presents are not important but a little thought goes a very long way.
22. In the same vein, my children prefer my time than my money. We have more fun playing together than with some expensive toy.
23. That I need a capsule wardrobe of some description - sick of buying inappropriate clothes.
24. Having your eyebrows threaded is amazing!
25. That I have a competitive streak (see Sports Day!)
26. To have patience.
27. That I should always dilute my wine with soda on a night out.  It prevents a bad case of the day after horrors.
28. That I better start a consistent skincare regime. Apparently the face you have at fifty is the face you deserve - eek!!!
29. That I hate coffee and should give up trying it.
30. That you shouldn't waste time trying to get people to like you if you have vibes that they don't,
31. To stop moaning about housework - it will always need done just need to get on with it.
32. Doing scary things can be liberating - like the blog!
33. That when in doubt ask yourself "What would Beyonce do?".

Phew!

Vic x
http://pinterest.com/pin/184929128421644108/

3 comments:

  1. I like colouring in too! We got it from mum!

    Like your 33 points. They are so very true!!

    Hope you had a fab birthday yesterday! Just think...you may be 33, but I'm 43 next birthday and Ian is 50! Yikes! Where did our lives go??
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shaking my head at number 8 lol. Good list though x
    Lynsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I was about 14 when I realised about number 8 - lol.

    Dawn tell Ian 50 is the new 30!

    X

    ReplyDelete