Monday 27 May 2013

An "Empty"

Yesterday morning I had "an empty". I am not sure if this is a Glasgow thing or not but if you are a teenager and have "an empty" it means parents are out,  party (and chaos) at yours. My husband and his Dad had taken the kids to see Ben and Holly at the Theatre Royal and I had the house to myself for a whole morning. The possibilities were endless. I could do a Homer Simpson and run around in my pants, I could eat chocolate without trying to pretend I'm not when the kids catch me, I could take a shower without a couple of mini Peeping Toms barging in, I could read a magazine cover to cover, I could watch whatever I want on tv... In the end I decided to "just quickly clear up" this turned into a two and a half hour marathon. I am very disappointed in myself. I did manage to have a shower in peace. I was just settling down with the Hollyoaks omnibus when they all arrived home.  Apparently Ben and Holly was good but expensive.

It has been a lovely bank holiday weekend in the sun.

Vic x

Ps. Does anyone know what to do with ten million carrots? I have made carrot muffins, about to make carrot soup. I am then off down the street to try and find some hungry rabbits. I think they have been multiplying in my fridge (the carrots - not rabbits - that would be awful but solve my problem). I feel I can't throw them out as I have my mum saying "think about all the starving children in the world" in my head. I was a fussy eater as a child and heard this a lot!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya.
    Re carrots...blanch them in boiling water for three minutes. Run under cold water. Pat dry. Place on baking sheet and stick in freezer. Then you have individual carrots that you can pick and boil (from frozen) as you want. Failing that, I always find Carrot Cake to be a respectable thing to do with carrots.
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete