Thursday 9 May 2013

Soft play - the modern day mummy torture chamber!

The lovely weather has graced us for one whole day which meant that yesterday afternoon we were off to shelter from the rain at the local soft play. I always have the notion that I will sit with a cuppa in relative peace while my children have a great time, burn loads of energy and go to bed really early that night. Doesn't always work out that way. I hate the following things about soft play:

1. The Stalker Kid
I always seem to pick up a stalker kid who follows us about while his/her parents ignore them. Obviously I have to put on the "I am really nice to little kids" chat but in reality I want to tell them to get lost so that I can concentrate on my own kids. I sometimes try to lose them on the equipment but they always catch up.

2. The Mean Kid
You know the one that tramples over all the others, says mean things, doesn't let others by. Yesterday a girl of about nine was blocking a rope bridge that my three year old was on. Obviously this prompted much howling from my daughter. Even though her grandfather was shouting at her to move she was determined to stay. I will not write down what I thought of her.

3. Standing on undetermined substances in your socks
We have all been there. Something damp spreading over the sole of your sock. You hope it is water. You pray it is only water.

4. Panic as you temporarily can't spot your kid
These places are jungles with hundreds of chimps swinging around. Take your eyes off your little chimp for a second and it's game over for a while. Cue much shouting of their names and frantic searching til they totter into sight completely oblivious.

5. Leaving to go home.
Tears on tap!

Why do we put ourselves through it?

Vic x

2 comments:

  1. Haha agree with this! also when my little girl is using the toddler part and older kids come running in scaring my toddler out :/ !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jade. That should absolutely be on the list! Thanks for being the first person to comment on my blog - I am totally chuffed :)

      Delete