Sunday 12 May 2013

Mini Adventure - Thomas the Tank Engine

I mentioned in my list that I was going to try and do something different with the kids each week. Not necessarily something costly or that costs anything at all -  just something fun. This week was a good one as we had tickets to go and see Thomas the Tank Engine at Bo'ness station. It was quite good value for money - £10 a head and nothing for the littlest one. For that we saw Thomas, Percy and Diesel, met the Fat Controller and had a ride on a steam train. The kids were given a Thomas book each and a certificate. I didn't feel ripped off at any point by merchandise stalls. It was very busy, especially on the platform where the parents were literally pushy! This was the only real drawback.

Although we had seen all the Sodor lot, the highlight of my daughter's day was the puppet show. My husband and I are not particularly members of the PC brigade but we were laughing in slight horror as Punch beat Judy with a stick then abused his baby to the point that the baby's head fell off. Our daughter on the other hand was creased up in laughter. She is obviously not a member of the PC brigade either! 

All in all we had a great afternoon and I would recommend it to any Thomas fans out there. I will post some photos when I work out how to do it.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend

Vic x

No comments:

Post a Comment