Wednesday 8 May 2013

Run run as fast as you can - I can't catch you I'm the dough woman!

Yesterday the sun shone over Glasgow - it was rare, it was unexpected and it was marvellous. It also meant that my summer clothes were dragged from the back of my wardrobe and my pasty, grey body was squeezed into them. It wasn't that pretty - neither was my first trip to the gym this morning!

The horror of my "summer body" has prompted my gym come-back. When I say come-back I was never really a gym bunny in the first place but I haven't been for ages. I pounded on the treadmill for a while and went on the cross trainer I now feel the need to do some kind of toning. Any ideas? I will keep you posted on how I get on.  I am trying to stop weighing myself as it fluctuates wildly and that grey bit of plastic in my bathroom can really affect my mood for the day. I have threatened them with the bin but I don't know if I am quite brave enough yet!

What I did notice yesterday was how different everyone is in the sunshine. There were no heads down, bundled in coats, battling against the elements. People were happy. There were also the obligatory young guys who take their tops off as soon as it hits the twenties. I love Glasgow!

Vic x

No comments:

Post a Comment