Thursday 16 May 2013

An exciting day!

I have had lots of exciting days in life - getting married, having babies, discovering eyeliner and Prince Phillip telling me I had nice teeth (I will explain later). This morning was exciting because I got to be an extra on a new Channel 4 programme with Kirstie Allsopp. The actual being an extra bit was pretty boring to be honest - lots of hanging around- but seeing Kirstie at work was brilliant. She is a property/ crafting goddess, had a lovely cardigan on and was really nice too! She referred to us as her "background lovelies". I love the Allsopp!

The reason I ended up there was super random - I don't want you to think I do this kind of thing all the time. I am usually at Bookbug on a Thursday!

To explain the Prince Phillip thing, a long time ago my sister got tickets to a Garden Party in Edinburgh. My mum, two sisters and I went along. We were picked at random to meet Prince Phillip. I panicked as I was actually a month or so too young to be there and my sister panicked because she hadn't shaved her legs properly! When he enquired as to "what one does" I couldn't tell him I was still at school and give away my age so I told him I was a dental student (?!??) - quick thinking on my part. This prompted him to tell me that I had nice teeth. He was very charming. Random story but there you go. I hope I don't get thrown in the Tower of London for admitting I have fibbed to Royalty!

My daughter is now summoning me to play with plastic ladybirds so I am off.

Till next time!
Vic x

No comments:

Post a Comment