Sunday 19 May 2013

Get moving and stop chewing!

I am going away for the weekend soon and, as I mentioned in a previous post, I am feeling like the dough woman. I was doing really well with exercise, then hurt my foot which has been the perfect excuse to stop. This is coupled with the fact that my son developed a severe dislike of going in the buggy (doing that rigid thing so that I couldn't get him in) which meant that I have been driving when I would usually walk. And I have been eating loads of chocolate - let's just throw everything into the ring!

Anyway, time to get moving and stop chewing! I am a self confessed exercise dvd junkie. I have them all - I dont necessarily do them but I have them! I flit about them all the time but I think I am going to concentrate on consistently doing the same one for a while. I have chosen the Tracy Anderson mat workout. My friend did this before her wedding and looked uber fabby on the day (just giggling to myself because the predictive text changed this to uber flabby - the complete opposite of the truth - imagine if I hadn't spotted this and a thirty year friendship went down the drain!).

Tracy works you hard. I am sure she is a laugh down the pub but she doesn't let this side to her personality shine through in the video. In fact she is quite glum. I quite like this about her though. If I wanted a laugh when exercising I would go back to pensioner aqua aerobics. I accidentally attended this class when I was pregnant. I am not sure I felt the burn but the chat was great. And who knew you could get an Everly Brothers Megamix set to the beat! The Tracy dvd is hard, it's horrible but it certainly works if you are consistent.

I am also going to swim when I can and cut down on the sweeties and walk more (son has given up fight against buggy). It's hard to fit this all in but will be worth it. I am hoping that mentioning it on here will help me actually do it! I was also thinking that if I can give up sweeties during the week I might treat myself to a Sunday pudding. Sunday pudding club! Send decadent recipes my way and I will aim to deserve them.

Vic x

2 comments:

  1. Tried the Tracy Anderson Experience or whatever she calls it and it nearly killed me. Think I'm getting too old or too wise to do exercise DVDs now. Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is horrible. So are my bingo wings though :) x

    ReplyDelete